Safety Concerns with Pesticides

Many head lice treatments use pesticides. Pesticides can have negative effects including:

  • Exposure to potentially hazardous chemicals through skin, eyes, and lungs.
  • Accidental poisoning due to overuse or misuse of pesticide products, especially in children, elderly patients, and patients with medical conditions that make them more susceptible to chemical toxicants.

Because of the risk of serious side effects, the CDC has said that lindane, a pesticide used in some head lice treatments, is not recommended as a first-line treatment. Its use should be restricted to patients for whom prior treatments have failed or who cannot tolerate other medications that pose less risk. Retreatment should be avoided.

Resultz® head lice treatment does not contain any commonly used pesticides.  

How is Resultz® Different?